Wednesday, March 23, 2011

kindness always comes back to you


I got home from work to find a big bag of lemons waiting at the door. This is truly one of those life lessons. When I was in high school 22 years ago, there was a new kid that no one talked to right away. Of course we became friends and have remained so through the years. Today he text messaged me telling me that he had lemons from his tree for Nicole's life saving tea. Then he followed up with a message telling me he will never forget that I was the first person that was kind to him at SR High.

Every single thing we do for each other comes back, and often when we least expect it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this story, Kevin! love, em

Unknown said...

i just got tears in my eyes. i'm thinking of you both! my mom starts her first chemo treatment today. strength in numbers... XO