Saturday, November 12, 2011

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

That is how I am feeling right now, today. It was just about a year ago when Nicole got her diagnosis. I was at work, and Amelia Kennedy called me. I was in utter shock, and I think that shock lasted through most of the treatment she endured for 9 Months. I am not sure if the pain of the original news has fully faded. Some mornings I wake up and forget that any of this happened, some mornings it is all I think about.

Today is a day that I am feeling sort of reflective I guess. It is the day that Nicole gets her first haircut since chemo, the day of the first Siren practice for the last show we will ever play, and a few days before beautiful Kaitlin's 3rd Birthday.

I am, in my opinion one of the most fortunate people on earth. I have an amazing loving family, and the best friends/community ever.

Thank you!

No comments: